Monday, October 5, 2009

A New Obsession

This blog will be less about the woes of unemployment and more about how I've been spending my time lately. Scouring the internet, and even venturing out into the real world to look for, chairs, fabric, end tables, pillows, headboards, drapes, frames, art, wallpaper, I could go on but I will stop. It started as me looking for inspiration to spruce up my little apartment-house. The walls are white, the oddly placed wood trim is oak and NOT white. It's ugly. My windows are beautiful, but my janky white plastic shades are not. 

While searching, I have fallen in love with certain styles that are way beyond my price range and even what space in my little apartment will allow. I read style blog after blog, my favorite one so far being Matters of Style. I should link you to it but I don't really know how. I'm new to blogging. I'm obsessed. I spent my entire weekend looking at things I either cannot afford or cannot fit! I have yet to do any homework this week! It's out of control. The worst part is, I haven't actually purchased anything. Fabric samples, magazine clippings and a few spray painted picture frames is all I have to show for my hours of searching. I'm reluctant to spend money since I don't really have much to spend, but I decided I will either start my tufted headboard project or wall art project next weekend. At least then I will have something to show for my efforts. I will figure out how to add links and photos (I know it's not hard, I just can't be bothered to look right now because craigslist furniture section is calling out to me!) and I'll post my progress. 

To quickly give a job update, I had two interviews with a lovely family in Los Alamitos and should find out today or tomorrow if they've chosen me as their nanny. I picked up some weekend gigs in Irvine and Newport Beach (and those people are crazy enough to warrant their own blog entry or even their own blog). Also, I had a phone interview for what I like to call a career job, as opposed to a nanny job. I believe I have a face to face interview on Wednesday, but it hasn't been confirmed. 

Speaking of which, now I must pose a question to my unemployed peers and others as well. This job would have me traveling within South County, as far South as San Juan Capistrano. Although I'm really interested in the position and we all know I need the work, is it ridiculous that I feel reluctant about it because of location? I guess I could move and just have a long commute to school once a week instead of a longish commute to work every day. Is there any room for being selective in this economy? After all my efforts, what if I'm offered the job and my instincts are telling me to turn it down? How does one balance finding a job as quickly as you can with finding one that is right for you? Considering I'm only 1/4 of the way through the interview process, I very well may be putting the cart before the horse. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear anyone's opinion on the matter. 

'Til next time, when I post some apartment makeover pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...